Thread: Goodyear Tires
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
rjohnsonnm

We had a similar situation in Oklahoma. One tire blew out and separated and caused $4400 damage. Goodyear paid the claim within 10 days of my first call and paid for two tires - the one that separated and the other one on the same side since it carried the total left side load for several hundred yards. I put Goodyears on my F350 when it came time to replace them because you are absolutely right about customer service. I became a Goodyear fan because of the way I was treated.

Good Sam ERS was a different story, however. We stopped a hundred yards from an exit in a small Oklahoma town. I could see a tire center a couple blocks down the road. When I called Good Sam ERS they called a tow truck from 80 miles away. I called the towing company and they said it would be 2-3 hours before they could get a truck there. The Oklahoma Highway patrol strongly suggested I not wait that long to get the rig off the interstate (I agreed wholeheartedly) I called Good Sam ERS back and told them I couldn't wait 2-3 hours and the operator was very rude and told me if I called someone myself I would have to pay for it myself. I called the tire center that was a couple blocks away and he had me on my way in about 15 minutes. It took 3 months and multiple letters before Good Sam ERS reimbursed me for the lousy $79. It would have cost them several hundred to send a truck from 80 miles away.Go figure.
2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote