Thread: Transfer tanks
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 01:05 AM   #34
Falcon

UPDATE: KSH custom tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Like the OP, I'm looking for a tank that will fit under my rolling tonneau cover. I fill up and pull away from the pump and immediately start looking for the next fuel stop. I'm lucky to get 200 miles. I have about 60" width without crowding it for plumbing. I'm restricted to 18" height, and that includes any filler cap or anything else sticking up like a pump. And I can only have about 20" front to back because of my hitch base. I have scoured the internet and found nothing that will fit. Any one know where us RVers can get one manufactured to specific dimensions?
Update: After a few suggestions to contact KSH Tanks in Lake Havasu, I did just that. They sent me a template which I filled out with yr/make/model and my required dimensions. They even called me with further clarification on things that I didn't think of. They really know their business. I picked it up for $750 but the gauge and one-way vent and tax brought it to about $860. Reasonable for a custom fabricated tank that fits my exact requirements, and adds 70 gallons to extend my range beyond 800 miles. Happy.
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote