View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
RodeWorthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennWest
My freezer is very cold. I'll disable the thermistor and see what happens. Thanks and God bless.
That's a good test. Unplugging the thermisor at the circuit board is supposed to make the refer run fully on. You will have to give it several hours to see if it works. I would plan on leaving it unplugged overnight and see if the lower cabinet is colder in the morning.

Another test is to put the refer on propane power and remove the cover over the burner so you can observe when the flame lights calling for cooling. Remove the thermistor from its holder on the fins and have someone alternately place it in, and remove it from, a glass of water filled with ice. You should be able to make the burner cycle if the thermistor is in good working order. Give it time to react. If it is working, you are probably looking at needing a circuit board. I am betting on the thermistor being bad from what you have described.

I am not sure if my fans have ever run while operating the refer. I agree that with the switch position on the fins there is not enough heat there to cause the thermal switch to close. We have not been in temperatures that have caused a problem without the fans running so my experience is not conclusive.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote