View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
BigBoy2U

Well I have heard about the exhaust fan not going to anywhere before. But what really bothers me is that I am a general contractor and the fact you have an open space that would have colder air in the winter and then blow hot air into it will create moisture. Even with the so called vent it will condense on a cold surface much like a cold glass of water does. I am lost as to why DRV would want to push warm air into the dead space above the ceiling. You are only asking for a lot of mold over time.

When I pulled the ABS vent out of the roof it was just stuffed into the insulation. I have been reluctant to clean out the bathroom fan for the reason listed above.

You never blow warm air from a heated space into a cold attic.

Still no one an any Suites Owners group seems to talk about the vent in the roof that is over the bedroom on the passenger side.

Anyone have an idea why this is located there? And what is it's purpose?

If it wasn't for the fact both vents that go into the attic where stuffed into the insulation I would have a trailer full of wasps and a huge nest. Just stuffing a pipe into the insulation and not putting any cover over it to prevent insects from getting in a totally irresponsible.
2005 DT, MS 36CK3 #1566, 95 F-350, Full Timer
BigBoy2U is offline   Reply With Quote