View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
sr

I have had a smell as well and been chasing it for over a year tring to find out where it came from and finally narrowed it down to coming from the basement. I was able to close the entire trailer up and opened the sliding doors that go to the tanks and furnace etc. The smell was pretty heavy. I then went into the trailer and I determined the smell was getting into the trailer via the cold air return and the sliding door that goes between the bedroom and the kitchen. (It also acts as the cold air return). I called DRV and I am taking it to Interstate RV near Howe next week for them to fix the problem. What I think has happen is the vent pipe has come loose from the tanks and allowing the odor to escape into the basement and then into the unit. When I smelled the odor, I would turn on the exaust fan in the bathroom and that just made it worse. I have kept the doors open to the basement and the odor went away. That pretty much makes it coming from the tank area in the basement. I'll let you know what they find next week when I take it in.
2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote