View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #4
stanleyz

Hi Joe. Hope all is well with you I have to admit that at age 75 that job was all I wanted to do. Made a couple big mistakes. Cut a hose behind the tin wall with the dremel. Got a hydraulic shower and when I got cleaned up I examined the hoses and found a small cut in one. Talked to the hydraulic shop and they had no way to repair it on site. So, I started tearing stuff off and trying to follow the hose. That is not easy and after a couple hours it occurred to me that I had never actually seen that cut leak. So, I back up and get the wife to push the button while I watch for the leak. Guess what, the leak was not the hose I was chasing. It was on an adjacent hose and was cut exactly where the crimp metal meets the hose and almost undetectable without bending the hose. The hose was only two feet long and went up to the valves. Had it replaced in a couple hours but took two more hours to close everything up.

Second mistake was not knowing to have the landing gear fully extended to get them back in the legs. I wrestled with them for a long time before I figured it out. In fact I'm still sore.

I just couldn't see going to indiana to get it done and to be honest in the 20 years I've had fifth wheels I have never had a satisfactory experience with a repair shop so I don't bother with them if I can avoid it.

Hope yours were repaired and you have no further troubles. I guess you have level up. I don't know how much different they would be hydraulic wise but probably not much.