View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #7
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
Has anyone had a 3rd A/C unit added to your coach? Rolling Retreats has given me an estimate of around $4500 and said they can do it in a day.
I’m wondering how they are going to get it hooked into my existing ductwork and wire it up without tearing apart my roof or ceiling. I don’t see any room in my breaker box for an additional breaker either.
The 2 units I have just don’t keep it cool in here in a hundred degree heat plus I’ve been without my living room A/C for over six weeks now. Finally got it replaced a couple weeks ago and it worked for 4 days and quit. But that’s another marriage busting story.
Thanks,
Phil
What year and model? Most if not all the newer models are already built for a 3rd AC, wiring and ducts in place. Sounds pricey, but if they are using a 3 times the cost of parts for the total it may be in line. I'd search around if it was mine.

Single breakers can be replaced with double breakers, just need to make sure the panel is balanced as best that it can be. My trailer came with almost all double breakers in two panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Maybe you should ask them for a full explanation on how they are planning to do the job.
Be interesting to hear how full an explanation.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote