View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
terry and jo

As one that has a 2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3, you can chalk me up as one of those that is very pleased with our choice. We have had some problems, but they were not issues with DRV, but with the appliances and other things than the trailer.

Also, I've been on a number of forums and am even a moderator on one, and I can attest that owner's forums of any brand will draw those that are looking for a solution to a problem. I would further state that it is likely that for every disgruntled customer, there are 5 to 10 that have few problems, and most of those likely just fix the issue and move on.

Any brand can have issues, and any brand can have bad dealers. I recall on one of the forums where someone stated that a dealer at a big RV show stated that DRV was having really big problems and was on the verge of going under. I thought it odd since DRV had just announced the Estates models of the Mobile Suites line.

When questioned further, the forum participant acknowledged that the "dealer" was one that carried DRV. Since we know that there are very poor dealers out there (I could even name a few), I would never take the comments of just a few people as a proven fact.

To further research the possibilities of DRV "issues" with quality, I contacted a DRV dealer that I highly respect and asked him about the quality. He told me that DRV is actually getting better with quality, based on his having fewer things to have the factory fix when he does his own PDI when he picks up a new unit.

In truthfulness, he is "one dealer" and I am "one satisfied customer," so even we cannot be the end-all of opinions. If I were to order a new unit, I would likely get to really nit-picking what I wanted with a new one and even go to the extreme of asking the factory if I could be on-site when my unit was being built.

I don't know if DRV would allow that, but I would sure be trying to insist upon it.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote