View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
rdunk

Quote: "I never used the fresh water tank in our rig. We also use the city water. I was told that we should sanitize the tank a couple time a year".
.................................................. .....................................
Well, shows what I know! We are nearly three years into this, and I have never sanitized the fresh water tank, nor the gray water tank , and nor the black water tank . lol.

I wonder why anyone who doesn't use the fresh water tank for drinking type water would worry about sanitation of it. Our only use of the fresh water tank is for flushing the toilet when on the road, so, no sanitation for me.

Now someone might say that when flushing the toilet, the water does go into other more important water lines also, then, that might create a little more need to sanitize anyway???????

Now, in our 2005 RE3, the drain valve for the fresh water tank is in the equipment bay, behind the outside water connection box, pretty down-low. Our drain valve takes a long reach down to get to. Our valve has a "drain" label on the handle. As I said, I haven't sanitized, but I seem to remember that some people use chlorine bleach for that -- could be wrong. Do a little searching on RV.net, and you probably can learn more than you ever wanted to now about this subject!

Good Luck!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote