View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorse68 View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to unclip, or unlock the TV mount in the living room? I want to access the back of the TV.

Thanks,
David

Two ways, Walt's suggestion above or add a strap to the bar.

To do the lift up and pull bottom out you need to look first and see if you have "El" brackets screwed to the wall behind the TV. These brackets are supposed to prevent the TV from bouncing up and disconnecting itself. You need to bend those brackets either by forcing the TV up or some other mechanical means. Then you need to bend them back before reinstalling the TV.

If you 'lift up and pull out' be prepared to handle the TV unrestrained, have a blanket on the counter top.

My preferred method is leaving a strap around the retention bar. Pull down on the strap and tilt the TV out from the top, it will stay in the bottom hooks. You can then lift off if need be.

On our trailer I can easily see behind the bedroom TV, check yours. Most likely uses the same bracket. Once you see how it works it is easy to manipulate.

Whichever method you use to remove, setting back in is the same.
With the TV sitting in the bottom J hooks, just rotate the top towards the wall. You may have to be a bit forceful to work agains the lock springs.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote