View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #15
Goose_NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Goose, visualize you and Momma and Fido living 365 in 3 nicely appointed slide-in pickup campers bolted front to back. That is the feeling I got when I wandered around in one at the Tampa show two years ago. I just shook my head and wandered on off. No slides? We ain't goin'.
About the time we bought our camper, so did from friends of ours. The bought a new 3500 truck and a 42 ft quad slide toyhauler. They paid over $75k for the camper. Their first big RV.

Well, their first outing, ther stopped for a couple of days at a campground, and enjoyed the camper. Then they try to leave. The one large slide would not retract. They call and two days later a mobile repair guy comes out, and get the slide in. It has to go to the shop for repairs as the slide mechanism had to be replaced. 4 days lost because of a new camper slide mechanism, fixed under warranty. With just the wife and I, not full timing, not staying one place for longer than 14 days usually, we do not 'need' slides.

Our current camper doesn't have slides. And has accommodated two couples for 10 days.

Our next camper may have slides, but I will learn which mechanism is the most reliable. Hopefully DRV has the best. And I will try to avoid the slides loaded with heavy stuff.
Goose_NC is offline   Reply With Quote