Thread: Back up cameras
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:50 AM   #3
Canuck_Dave

I use the NuCam WR Water Resistant Outdoor 720p HD Portable Wireless Rear View AP Camera available on Amazon.

It is an IP based setup, using any android or IOS terminal to view the camera output. Nice thing about this setup is no additional wiring required to use it. The battery when fully charged will last 7-8 hours. The unit comes with a 5VDC hardwire kit as well. The range is awesome there are several YouTube videos available that demo the range and features.

The really nice thing about this unit is the flexibility of use. I added a suction cup kit and install in the rear window of the 5TH to monitor traffic behind me when travelling as well as a backup cam. When camping I use it as a security camera either live monitor on my cell when out and about the campground or in video record mode to the onboard microSD card or phone memory.

The only issue I have noticed in 2 years of use is when first connecting there is some latency (2 seconds or so) in the display image but once the camera and terminal are in sync it is near real time.

IF you have any questions about my setup or use shoot me a private message and I will try to answer.
Canuck_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote