View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
Motor31

Glad you are mobile again and happy to help.

Safe travels.

If anyone wants to see just how freaking far you have to lift the front end of the trailer to replace a front ram, check out this web site.

http://tinkytravels.blogspot.com/200...1_archive.html

We used all of our "leveling lumber" and the full height of my HDT and still had to dig down about 2 feet to clear the ram assembly. OSHA would not have approved but it got the job done. We used the truck to "jack" the trailer up too since the ram wouldn't lift, but it would hold for a while. I dumped the air from the truck "bags" or suspension. Then put as much wood that would fit under the pin and lifted the back of the truck. Repeat until we ran out of wood. We did use the trailer brakes and BFR's (big freakin rocks) to chock the wheels of the trailer. If I had a regular PU we'd have been up a crick other than trying to use a small bottle jack (6 ton) to lift the trailer.

The pics were taken by our friend and put on their blog. Lippert sent a tech from Portland OR. to my location on the northern end of the Washington peninsula to fix the rig. The two of us got it done in about 4 hours. Lippert folks are simply fantastic!

Yep we have been to some really unlevel parks so we carry plenty of leveling material.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote