View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Motor31

Do NOT take the pump apart. If the rig is under 5 years old that will void the warranty on the pump and they are not cheap. Lippert warranty's the hydraulic system other than hoses for 5 years. They are VERY good about honoring the warranty too.

The pump is a direct drive from the motor to the impeller. When you say it spins freely I am assuming you mean it runs when you push the button. If that is the case then the motor is not the problem.

I'd check to see if all the knobs are turned out counter clockwise. If that is not the issue you may have a big air bubble in the system if the fluid level was low. I maintain fluid level about 1/2 inch above the center line of the pump reservoir when the legs are down and the slides all out. If there is a bubble you may have to crack a line to the slide, at the end of the line by the slide and run the pump to see if you can push it out of the line. If there is no fluid movement at all the pump impeller may be gone and there is no user fix for that.

I'd say you are really stuck if the legs won't retract as well. Fortunately Lippert is (was in my case) good about sending techs to the trailer location to fix the issue. Do check for the knob position and if you do crack the line for air removal do it on a slide, not the jack lines to keep the trailer from collapsing nose down. You might want to position your truck to hold the nose off of the ground should you lose pressure containment on the front legs. It's a royal PITA to raise the trailer from nose on the ground to level, I know as I had to do it when the ram was leaking.

It's possible you may have a bit of crud stuck in the manifold valve for the slide. Try closing the knobs (clockwise) for the slides and see if the pump sounds different or the slides or jacks move. Pulling a valve is not hard but you will make a mess if there is any pressure in the system for the valve. You do not want to pull the jack valves at all unless the trailer is securely braced to prevent movement.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote