View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #6
Txtower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
I think the wheels were probably factory issue on that brand at that time. Having blowouts on the same position every time is strange, leading me to think that it is carrying more than its share of the load. Doesn't look from the pic that you are towing nose-high much, if at all.
The suggestion to go to Carlisle is a good one, or take a look at Maxxis brand. Not much better in the 15" range. To go to a J would require wheel and probably axle changeout.
Checking the temps with the temp gun is a good suggestion--this should be done often until you determine if it is running at/near the temps of the other 3 tires.
To take the wheel itself out of the equation--have you changed that LR wheel to some other position to see if the trouble follows the wheel or the position on the axles?
Had issues with wheels/tires in 2012 to the point insurance company was involved and the white wheels are what I ended up with. I was going through what is located where Load wise and there is a lot on the left side, so it “could” be a weight/Load issue.

The wheels have been in different positions after my TN fiasco. I had Discount Tire put same wheels/tires on same axels, so there was some shifting. However that wheel is now destroyed and I may just go out of pocket for original or close to OEM Mag wheels or upgrade to something sturdier in a 16” range and say goodbye to the 15”. I just want to make sure I am not masking an issue like bent axels as “notanlines” mentioned.

I did a lil research and saw a Goodyear Tire that is supposed to have a good reputation but that is in writing, not in conversation like this. As I mentioned in the previous post, there is no tire pressure documentation that I can find. What do you guys use for pressure? I was running them at 68-70psi. SAfely within Load E 80 psi. Do you guys just take them up to 80psi cold? Do you air up more pressure on a heavier side of camper?

Good input, thanks all!
Txtower is offline   Reply With Quote