View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #8
dmorse68

Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
Trying to get a handle on how much power my guests are using daily. I am a member of an RV club where the model is basically you stay at my place, I stay at yours, for free. In 2 seasons of hosting I have never asked a guest to pay for the elec or water they use. I am seeing a growing number of hosts tacking on a $10 elec charge per day. Potentially one could collect $300/month. I find that unsettling and contrary to the spirit of the club.
So here is the scenario. North Central Florida, October thru April. I state 15 amp service but it is on a shared 30 amp breaker. AC rarely needed. Maybe in April. So, appliances run look like reefer, microwave, TV, toaster and whatever. Has anyone measured the daily power used in this scenario? Elec costs me $0.12/kilowatt. I find it difficult that one would use 83 kilowatts/day to use up $10 worth of elec. My 2000 sq ft home uses about 41 kilowatts/day.

Thanks, Friz
I've been full-timing in Palm Desert, CA for a month now, It's been over 100 F every day since I've been here, with some days in the 110 - 114 F range. With my two, 15,000 BTU A/C units running nearly constantly all day, and other appliances like the elec H2O heater, TV, LED lights, being used, my daily consumption has been anywhere from 47 - 60 kWh in a 24 hr period. Hope this helps.

-David
dmorse68 is offline   Reply With Quote