View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #24
Davidg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Davidg,
Having had 2 6.4s, and yep, mileage in the 10-11 in town and 13-14 on hiway, with tuner and full delete.
I can only wish for your type mileage, and the money to buy a new '15/'16. Ford has a great engine now, they just need to concentrate on the fuel/water separator situation.
I'm a g-greatgrandpa, don't baby it and love the power. And love the price of diesel.
Joe
Joe, I've heard a little chatter recently about fuel filtration on the 6.7. I guess it's especially crucial for this engine due to the expensive hpfp. What are folks doing in an effort to protect those critical components, and what are the real shortcomings of Fords system? I drain the fuel filter into a pint mason jar, let it sit overnight, and check it the next day. I have found no water nor any particulates in this fuel....ever. I realize that it only takes one time though. I think Dieselsite has an integral fuel filter, but they are proud of that puppy. ($700). Of course $700 might look cheap if one was presented with a bad hpfp and Ford nor the fuel source will own the problem.
I dunno, but I've been thinking about this lately, and I had wanted to pick your brain a little when you first mentioned it.

Thoughts?