Thread: Sailun tires
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Have used the S637s for a trip to Alaska, and many more miles on my former '05 Suites, would not hesitate to get them again.
Had GY G114s on the '15 when bought, had tread separations on 2 of the 4 tires. Could not get the Sailuns, but did get Cooper RM 170s in the 6050lb rating.
Goodyears are good tires, but basically, you can buy 2+ sets of Sailuns/Coopers for the price of one GY set---if you listen to others on trailer damage due to throwing a tread, but want it covered, then get the GYs. If you want to get Sailuns/Coopers and buy a new set at 3 years, that is what I intend to do...
Lot of variables that go into tire wear/life--just keep reading on the various RV forums and make a decision the best fits your needs. NO tire is immune from damage/blowouts--just be sure you have plenty of overcapacity for your trailer weight.

I assume GY replaced your tires? I did have all 4 of mine replaced by GY as they did have tread separation at that era of tire. The replacements have been good since. That is the only GY issue I have ever had, not a single flat of blow out in well over 100k of using US Made GY's.

RV Damage with any other tire maker and it's a claim on your RV insurance. Aside from road hazard GY will pay all damages.

YES Sailun have a good reputation for sure but the option of US VS China I prefer the reasons mentioned to the uS GY Tires.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote