Thread: water filtering
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
OB

Have spent many years rving in Mexico and also ran as as a wagonmaster on a couple of tours. Buy a clorox testing kit at one of the camping stores My advice is use the water from wherever you can get it. Put it in your tank, through a filter if you can. Add the proper amount of clorox to the water and test it. Use that water for washing and bathing. Buy sealed water jugs from any corner convience store and use that water for making tea, coffee, ice cubes and brushing your teeth. The water jugs come with a sealed plastic cap. Do not buy one if that cap has been removed or tampered with. Wash any fresh vegetables and fruits in a stronger clorox solution. Then sample everything they have and enjoy yourselves. Mexico is a great place to visit, see and live. Enjoy your trip.

PS; OH I forgot. Here's another great tip. Go to a health food store and buy a jar of JaroDolphus. Thats a yoghurt type pill. Start taking some as per directions a couple of days before entering Mexico and take some with every meal. These pills will strengthen your digestive system and overcome any of the bad bugs everyone tells you about. After taking these, me and my felow travelers never had a problem.
04 36TK3 #1207 w/5th airborne pin hitch
OB is offline   Reply With Quote