View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #11
stanleyz

resovoir should be completly full with jacks retracted and no weight on them. If not add fluid. use bottle jacks as suggested or hook to truck to do this,.

are you sure you have full 12 volts, clicking seloniod sounds like low battery or low dc current. check with voltage meter at pump. you should have well over 12 volts at full charge. if less charge or replace battery.

the legs have two way flow, controlled by some kind of flow controller. if you open the top fitting into the leg and push the up button you should get no fluid out the top fitting. if you are then the internal seals are bad and can be rebuilt by most any hydraulic shop. also if you loosen the bottom fitting and push the down button you should get no fluid out the bottom fitting. if you do same deal internal seals are bad.

i think all this is correct, i just did a set last year and once i had them rebuilt and installed them they worked great. they were lipperts however but a hydraulic ram is a hydraulic ram, i think. hope this helps.