View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
Richard K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripit
Wow Rich, I have helped install probably 6 or 7 of these and a few for myself and everyone has had 2 long bolts, maybe 3 or4 inches that drop down from the cabinet above the microwave. That is what will support the unit from falling down when items are place inside. Here is a generic mounting instructions and you can see the self aligning 3 inch bolts that drop down.
http://products.geappliances.com/Mar...@gmail.com</a>
Thanks for the reply and the link. Wish mine was that easy. There are no bolts/screws comming down through cabinet into the top of the unit. (all of the units I've installed/removed in houses have had them but not the one in my 5th wheel) There is no false bottom in the cabinet to conceal them either. I can stick my finger down the power supply hole in the cabinet and feel the top of the microwave. There's maybe a one inch gap between the bottom of the cabinet and the top of the microwave.
The schematic shows an L shaped bracket mounted to the wall and two slot headed "mounting rods" going from front to back into the vertical leg of the bracket. I've unscrewed the mounting rods but the unit won't budge.
I've got to take the unit I bought back to Camping World anyway since they gave me a countertop unit instead of the over the range model.