View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Frozenhosehead

New 5er wanna be!

Hi I'm Brad and live in Alaska so the roads are rough and the weather is extreme! I am looking at a 5th wheel because we have out grown a slide in. I like the ability to have a better turning radius for tight places and the ability to have a separate room up high away from kids and the advantage of under storage.

I am looking around and have found several. I found a 05 Cougar on the lower side of the budget and an 05 wilderness with bunk beds in the middle and an 08 Attitude toy hauler at the top end. The wilderness gvwr is around 11k and the hauler is 18K. I want bunk beds and slide out and would like a hauler for when I get wheelers but currently only have 1 snow machine and a Harley to haul. Also looking for something that is weather savy to clod climates and suspension for rough roads.My thing is, buy a straight camper and then I have to have a 2nd vehicle to tow toys or get a TH and not have to worry. The wilderness asking price is 17,500 and the attitude is up in the air but he says he owes under 41K so I was thinking that since it's about 36.5 book for NADA then that's a good start.

So I have a lower end scale 5er that was sort of reconfigured because it was her home for 6 months so she took out a wall and one of the bunk beds and completely changed the queen bed and linoleum is cut out in spots and the front outer plastic is cracked int the hitch are because of cold. The wilderness and the attitude are close to what I am looking for so far that I have found in a 5th wheel. I would be pulling with an 01 Chev cc lb duramax with ride rite airbags. Also need a hitch unless I buy the hauler, it's included.
Frozenhosehead is offline   Reply With Quote