View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #6
RodeWorthy

What I carry in the truck

I carry two 5 gallon cans of diesel and 5 gallons of generator gasoline. The extra diesel is a carry over from concerns when ULSD was not always available. That is rare now - ULSD is everywhere in Canada and USA. Not sure about Mexico but I don't go there. I dump it in tank regularly and replace it to keep it fresh. I have never needed that extra diesel fuel. May give up on it. Still need the gennie fuel.

I can't imagine why anyone in a fifth wheel would need to carry extra propane. Motorhome maybe. Our trailer's 2 x 40 lb tanks last a long time and propane is readily available.

I have a 12-ton air powered bottle jack but don't need it any more since we have the Level-Up so it is gone.

I love my 17 foot collapsable extension ladder that rides behind the 5th wheel hitch. It is really stable and I can use it all around the trailer as a straight extension ladder or a step ladder. I had a 13 foot but it was not long enough.

A pry bar for wheel covers and jumper cables. All other tools are in the trailer basement.

I have a 12V on-board air compressor system that is supposed to be mounted under the truck bed but I temporarily made it stand alone and it rides in the basement. That 'temporary' has turmed into 3 years. I need to get it installed in the truck. When that happens I will direct connect it to my Trailersaver hitch as well as have hoses for tire maintenance, etc.

Wood blocking of various sizes including plywood panels that have come in handy.

A large suitcase that holds our off-season or rarely used clothes. It rides in the back seat of our crew cab. We are extended trip (6 months) travellers but not full-timers.

Bicycle rack on roof of truck.

That's it.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote