Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #32
Rockyhud

Hi Mike, and thanks for the tips and info. Interesting comment about fork oil. We haven't owned and been in this RV much yet so we haven't heard any popping sounds coming from the hydraulics but I'll definitely keep my ears peeled for any hints of them. I still have yet to get back to seeing if I can tighten any fittings/connections but the temps have been on the cool to cold side here as well, not to mention that I basically have weekend time to do much work on it. To provide some perspective on the leaks I'm dealing with I attached some photos (below).

I also thought about the process of how I need to do this and do it safely. That said, I've determined I need to hitch the rig to my truck so I can retract the slides and retract all hydraulic jacks. This is not just to get all the fluid back into the reservoir, but also to take the weight off the jacks. If I were to loosen any jack fittings with the RV weight still applied this could release pressure needed to keep it extended and cause an imbalance in the rig. Also, letting pressure be released like that can be harmful - that kind of high pressure can inject hydraulic fluid into human flesh pretty easy if you get hands, fingers or other body parts in the stream - not a good thing at all.

In the meantime, and I'm trying not to take this thread on a tangent, I've also been trying to find out precisely what hubs, bearings, spindles and disc brake rotors were installed on this rig. After we got home with it I discovered the driver side rear hub has some slop or play in it (about 1/8" or so at the tire's outermost sidewall) that isn't apparent in the other hubs, thankfully, but that has also consumed some of the time with this RV. I really don't want to move it any more until this issue is resolve. I'll leave it at that in this thread and may start another thread about this a little later.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote