Thread: Slide out
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
When i cut the openings in the bottom material on my trailer, I cut so the flap opened from the rear of the coach. This way if your driving along and for some reason that flap comes loose it will not drop to allow rain and junk to enter. I only cut 3 sides about 15 inches so I could squeeze my chunky body up into the cavity. To re-secure I bought long 1X2 pieces of wood and cut to fit the open areas. Using screws to secure the wood over lapping so the flap had something to screw into. Has worked from the first day I did it about 5 years ago. I should take photos some day. As far as the slide out goes if you need to cut more than one access point to find the exact area, you should have no issues because you might need to be able to get farther than you can reach under there. Once you can see the operation of the slide unit you should be able to determine the real cause. They are pretty simple units.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote