Thread: Solid Steps
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #9
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
Anyone install the 4 step MOR ride or Lippert steps. Have not installed one but seems like a tight fit at the bottom of the screen door and main door. Don't know how yet but I guess you can alter the doors to obtain the clearance. Or how about cutting out the door seal plate and bolting the new step directly to the floor. I thing I will go with Lippert but still doing comparisons.
If you order the steps, make sure they are for a DRV, When MOR/ryde demo'ed the steps at a rally the version they had would not work with the DRV 3 1/4" wall. And some early versions I saw that were a retro fit really buggered up the door frame and screen door.

To add, when we had a Landmark on order which included the steps as standard (Goshen rally only special) the steps were a problem for my wife. The Landmark has a friction retention door and my was was barely tall enough to reach the door handle, and not strong enough to open the door from the ground. For most that may not be a problem, but we kept the trailer in our driveway and the steps always deployed or stored would be an issue.

Lack of access on travel days was another concern. We have been pretty close to guard rails, curbs etc that the fold out steps would not work for us.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote