Thread: Overnighters
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #37
CALinSC

Berwick, ME

Being born and raised in rural Maine I take a much different tack when visiting there with a RV.

Being close to costal main as a youngster I got quite familiar with all of the costal tourist attractions from Kittery to Old Orchard Beach. So I never hunt for RV parking places near the coast. Mainers love to weekend camp. They pack-up, load the kids and head for their favorite family CG. Those are the places I like to park when up there in the spring and summer.

Beaver Dam CG is a typical Maine CG. It is family owned and operated and someone in the family usually lives there. Over the years it has evolved into a modern CG with FHUs available. And it’s about a stone’s throw to the North Berwick town line, my home town. The CG is about 10 miles from US-1 (the costal tourist highway) where there are many attractions to keep the tourist busy. Sanford ME is about 12 miles north and it has all the normal shopping stores and grocery stores. There are two bowling alleys there - candle pins – that most tourists enjoy.

Because we prefer a FHU site with 50 AMPs we park up on the knoll where those larger sites are located. The waterfront sites are W&E only.

The following link is active.

https://beaverdamcampground.com/

13 Beaver Dam Campground Berwick, ME (2).jpg 13a Beaver Dam Campground Berwick, ME.JPG

13b Beaver Dam Campground Berwick, ME (4).jpg