View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
imouttahere

Hi Terry - thanks for the info on the SOITC forum. I registered this afternoon.

Underneath our pin there is a center compartment big enough for the gen and the hydraulics and a small vert compartment to the right of that (street side) with the one bat (looks big enough for two). On the left of the gen conpartment is a blank space that's accessed through the curb side basement door. It's just inside the door to the right and the leveling jack comes up in that area. I'm thinking of taking the slide out - it probably weighs close to 100 lbs and does take up quite a bit of space itself. Worst case scenerio, using AGM's I could stack the batts along the wall that backs up to the gen & put an enclosure around them to make sure nothing shorts out the terminals. Still would like to put them in that area just inside the basement door though.

Now that I think of it, you're probably right - there's no inverter. You either have 120 from the gen or the shore post. Not enough juice in one bat to run much of an invertor. Next question is, when I put one in, I'm assuming there has to be a switch to isolate the shore power from backflowing into the inverter. I know the gen has an auto transfer cutoff switch.... That's where I need some good advice on how to wire that in to the 120 ac system.
Thanks for all the info - you guys have been a lot of help.

gd
imouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote