Thread: Volvo
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #18
Motor31

Gunship,

I bought at Walnut Ridge as well. The sales portion as well as the "finance paper work" portions were easy, painless and cordial. The service area was also cordial, however, getting things done was another matter. I had to make 2 calls to the factory to get them to tell the service area to fix the problems. I ended up making a trip back for additional repairs and finally a trip to the factory for more including one the dealer was supposed to have fixed the first time. The factory went out of their way to get things done for me. It just took almost 800 miles in driving and almost 3 weeks spent at the dealer or factory to get things done. So far it's all not finished and I am taking care of some of it myself, like caulking all the windows. I'm over 1800 miles away now and not interested in returning to that area for more work. I'll try to find a dealer towards the west to take care of one or two more items.

FWIW, the items I had problems with are not "picky things" from a fussy owner. They are things like a hydraulic system that has air in the system, a sliding door collapsing into the basement area, inoperative washing machine and others.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote