View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #9
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMag View Post
Thanks for the dolly tip. My next project is washer/dryer install.

You are welcome.

A funny aside from our experience of removing the original RV fridge to replace it with the residential. We found a similar one at Sears or somewhere, and I measured and measured the fridge and the space for the fridge. I was really concerned that the handle on the bottom drawer freezer was going to hit the cabinet when the slide came in. I measured and measured for that one as well, with the conclusion that I might have 1/4" to 5/16" of clearance, which would need some foam placed between the fridge and cabinet when traveling.

I manage to forget completely that I had to raise the refrigerator 9 inches off the floor to get it into the fridge compartment, thus my concerns were for naught. As you can see, the drawer handle came out above the cabinet and counter. (Oh, and I never even considered whether it would hit the counter top instead. God looks out for fools like me.)

A suggestion for your washer/dryer install. Check to see where the slide support is and place the washer over that. With ours, the wife has complained numerous times that when they installed our set, they should have reversed the location of the two so that it would be easier to move clothes from the washer to the dryer. Now, she realizes that the washer is getting support rather than weighing down a corner of the slide.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote