View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
wingnut60
Site Team

Update on my Winegard Carryout...

I have gotten much more comfortable with this unit, and can use it just about anywhere I can find an opening to the south sky. I ended up using the satellite and cable connections in the service bay, and the 110 volt plug in there to power the inverter.
I have used the Carryout on the roof and on the ground without a problem--just have to be able have a view of the southern sky. Have 50' of RG6 cable plus the 12 volt power cord bundled together, and store everything in the basement on the off-door side.
Have found out that Dish will change my 'service address' to wherever I am--I do this if staying in the same spot for a week or longer. This gets me the major channels of whatever spot beam I am located in. Downside, this will cancel the major channels at home and wife loses recordings scheduled on those channels.
I have an extra DVR in the trailer that costs me $6 month--this keeps me from having to take one out of the house when we travel. If we go longer than about 30 days in between use, I always have to get the DVR updated when we set up. We have had minor hiccups with this process, especially if we have to call Dish for the update--in some places we have had electricity and wifi, but no cell service, and it is very difficult to get a tech to update if I can't be in front of the DVR with phone in hand.
All in all, the Carryout works for me. It is over 2 years old now and still operating as new so far.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote