View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #20
Jerapais69

Mel11,

Couldn't have been said any better. Here is our maiden voyage with a Fuzion 427 we just bought. There is ZERO exaggeration in this. Thanks and ENJOY!

Went to leave for fla Jan 31 was -2*. Rv battery was low so I had to jump it to raise jacks. While pulling truck away I left jumper cables on, ripped wire out of handles and the cable was dragged getting between bottom of sofa slide, flaring it out about 2”. Then, forgot to take out truck power plug. Ripped out casing around plug in truck bed but could still use. Ok. We leave.

Drive to gas station deep in WVa take a pic of rig to show my friends. On way out, when I smashed the main entrance door.

Can’t make it to savanna as originally planned so stay at a hotel in Columbia SC. But not until Guy we called for reservation thought we said Chicago and booked room there. Luckily they had a room in SC.

Drive to Ocala and found campground there. Great. First time hooking everything up went well until hot water tank. Forgot to fill up and couldn’t get to work. Finally your guy told me hit reset buttons and we were able to use propane. Changed heating element, still didn’t work. Left for Naples next day, forgot to put down tailgate, scraped molding on top of tailgate. Two days later, actuator to open tailgate fails. Can’t open tailgate Even manually. Kingpin barely clears tailgate by 1/4”, otherwise I’d still be there.

Stopped at another gas station on way to Naples. Height clearance only 12’, after I pull in. Tractor trailer trying to deliver gas pulled behind me, 3/4 of rig on highway waiting for me to figure out how to get out. Ran rig over curbs and swung out. Whew.

Make it to Naples. Fine. Backed in spot. Not much trouble. Can’t use main entrance so had to come in and out all week in back. No big deal but a nuisance.

Leave too many appliances plugged in and toaster oven blows a fuse. No biggie. Smack head on bedroom bump out get lump on head.

Had both my personal credit cards compromised. Had to shut them down but good thing I had a little cash. Jeanne’s Dad goes to hospital (92 and not well). She’s stressed all week. We canceled trip to St Lucia a few years ago when her mom got sick and died.

Soooo, we leave Friday make it to rest area and hit the hay. Left generator on for an hour then turned off. Put slides out. Guess what? Battery died overnight and can’t start generator. Can’t get slides in. Had to call AAA to get jumped.

I was ready to drive the rig and truck and me OVER a cliff!

Got home last night to 20* weather and wallah! BOTH furnaces broken down. Yes. BOTH. In the am, i was taking new truck to get tailgate actuator replaced. Guess what? It worked.

Then, found out that the water heater was never plugged in from the factory. Spent $100 replacing heating element, then had it diagnosed by Camper's Inn.

Top that!!

Paul Henney
Jerapais69 is offline   Reply With Quote