View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #6
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
Amen, brother! I'm 72 now, and though I was born in Colorado and loved the winter when I was a kid, I didn't have to get very old to notice that my enthusiasm for the cold and snow had markedly diminished.

TJ

Well, I'm 74, and while I'm not crazy about the manual labor, I am still pretty capable of doing it. However, if it involves getting down on the floor or ground, then it takes a bit to get back up. We just finished fixing up a house that our youngest son is buying, and if I had to do anything at floor level, I kept a small step stool nearby that I could use to help me get up. It is only an 8" to 10" step, but it made a world of difference with getting up.

As for Colorado, I too love the state. We are familiar with the Montrose area (to some degree) because I used to have family that lived in Hotchkiss. After we retired, we spent 20 months in the Colorado Springs/Canon City area. In fact, we were in Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort southwest of Colorado Springs for that whole period. It is right at the base of a mountain on the front range.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote