Thread: Frozen
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
OCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4happyfeet View Post

I meant to say that the black tank valve works, grey tank valve was very difficult to open, like it may be freezing up. I assumed that the valves would be up in the “heated” basement.
The Black tank is top of the Grey tank which sets next to the bottom of the RV. You have to add heat to the that area but if the valve is still frozen when you need to dump, take the 2 inch line from the furnace feed to the water manifold and direct towards the bottom of Grey tank. If this would be an extended time you may also apply heat to the manifold area.

Yes you having extreme cold. I have a daughter in Pflugerville who is having rolling black-out. I don't know who her power provider is, Austin Energy?? Or do not I know the components of the supply but some consumer contracts are scary.

My wife has a manufactured home which we have been since May due to a medical problem. Yestersday I took a shower as the water raised in the shower floor. I took about a hour to get that drain open. The shower is in the NW corner and the winds have steady from that direction. We dipped the water out , sucked water out toward the pee trap but shop-vac hole attachment only allow about a 11 inch reach. we poured boiling water in let it cool a bid and suck it and pour again
Clay
OCB is offline   Reply With Quote