View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Motor31

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotjam
Motor31......
I'm not real electrical savy but with the battery switch in, what happens if the park power fails? With the switch in the propane will not ignite in the fridge?? Furnace won't run? I'd like to handle it like you suggest but am concerned about consequences of pushing the switch in. Am I incorrect about how the DSI in the fridge & furnace works? Maybe the parks you are in have more reliable power than the ones I've been at.
Thanx
If your shore power is "iffy" and it goes out, you'll lose all 12 volt systems other than the hydraulics. On my rig that seems to be direct to the battery. I haven't had much problems at all with shore power. Since we fulltime we are with the rig almost all of the time. If it's stormy or likely to storm I go out and pull the switch back out to re engage the battery just in case. Since we've been here in Southern Louisiana that has happened a couple times. We haven't lost power yet but I didn't want to go out in the rain just to throw a switch if it did.

In a case of shaky shore power I'd just push in the switch during times I was in the rig and leave the battery connected when away. That charge wizard noted above would alleviate the situation though and I'm thinking we'll get one later this month.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote