View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
Begger

This is Just Crazy...

My wife and I traded our Jayco Eagle for a previously owned Mobile Suites back in September. The PDI was very thorough, and the coach had a few things that needed to be worked off prior to our taking delivery. These issues were addressed to our full satisfaction.

First weekend trip out ice maker in the fridge wouldn't work. After we got home, back to the dealer for repair work. Everything now ready for second trip. It's November now and getting cold. Fireplace started smoking as soon as DW turned it on. Plus refrigerator wouldn't stay on. After we get back home it's back to the dealer. Replaced fireplace and repaired fridge. (By the way, new fireplaces don't put out near as much heat as the old ones did.) When we get it home this time we notice a little water leak in the back of the living room. The morning I'm taking it back to the dealer again, I notice water leaking from roof panels thoroughout the coach. Back to dealer again.

Up to this point, over half of the repairs had been covered by an extended warranty we bought when we bought the trailer. (Thank heavens!) The trailer had apparently been sitting for a couple years without being used prior to our buying it.

The water leaking from the roof panels came from a broken bathroom vent, and was made worse by a moderate rain. The vent was probably broken by any one of several low hanging tree limbs on the little country road leading back to our house. Found out today insurance will cover all the water damage, which came out to a little over $11,000. That's new roof insulation, ceiling panels, carpet, etc.

We have a trip planned to San Antonio for April. Hopefully the coach will be fully repaired and we can finally take a trip without something major failing.

I must give a shout out to Mark Dempsey and the guys at Wheels RV in Tontitown AR. They have been very accommodating getting the coach in and out, as well as doing quality repair work. They have done a great job and I can highly recommend them.

I've always loved the Mobile Suites, and think they're some of the best 5ver's on the road. I'll be glad when we get the kinks worked out of this one.
2007 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3520
"Waitin' for someday..."
Begger is offline   Reply With Quote