View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
rotaxman

Alum Wheels

LinkLatt

I have a 2006 36TK3 I had a small hairline crack develop from the valve stem out toward the edge of the wheel. It was very very hard to detect.

I Called Tredit which is the outfit that furnishes the wheels for DT explained what had happened there was no problem what so ever.

The customer service lady asked me what was stamped on the back of the rims she was looking for China, Argentina or what ever was stamped on them. Mine were Argentina she sent me 4 new alum rims 5 if your spare is Alum. I was to put the old rims in the boxes that the new ones came in they furnished shipping labels paid shipping both ways.

They also paid for the mounting but said they would not pay for balancing which I feel they should. If you ask the tire store to balance them they will probably work with you and probably furnish you with a receipt that will not show anything about balancing. Which is what the tire shop did with me Tredit payed just like clockwork.

The customer service girl also told me that the new rims would be China made and that they would be a little more narrow than the wheels that I currently had, she also said that the original wheels were to wide.

I feel when you give 62000.00 for one of these rigs the least they could do is install American made wheels mainly Alcoa's but maybe that's just me

At any rate you can go on line and find the number for Tredit corporation give them a call and see what they say.

Hope this is of some help

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro