Thread: DRV quality?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
dalehandsome

We have a 2010 TKSB3 Mobile Suits and have lived in it full time for over two years now. It has performed beautifully and we have had only a few DRV related problems. The storage door on the door side did warp and DRV sent us a new and thicker replacement door. Our two largest complaints are the cabinet door latches and the fact they did not have walk in closets in 2010. We spent our first summer in Macon, Georgia and are now in Smithville, Missouri. Both cities have very hot and humid climates in the summer. We recently experienced several consecutive days of 100+ degrees and our air conditioners have managed to keep us comfortable at all times. We have never found another 5th wheel with the insulation value, or build quality of the DRV units. We have never had any issues with our double pane windows fogging up or our Dometic refrigerator not performing well. All hydraulics work as designed. I am now “knocking on wood” on our beautiful desk!!! I had more issues with our first SB house, which we had custom built back in the 70s.

I spent the majority of my adult life as a professional photographer and used the once famous Hasselblad camera for most of my professional life. The Hasselblad was a very expensive and well designed and built camera. It is the same camera that went on the first trip to the Moon and is still there. It was used by NASA on many space excursions. As well built as this camera was, it still broke down on occasion. I am now retired and reluctantly moved into the digital world. I now photograph with a Canon 5D Mark11 camera. This camera produces absolutely fantastic images and has features I will never use. It is the camera of my dreams, and yet, I continually read on forums where people are unhappy with one thing or another.

Do your homework and check out all the manufacturers and visit the factories. Then pick the unit of your dreams, order it and enjoy it. Be warned however, regardless of what you order, you will have an occasional problem. That is just the way life is.

I recently had both knees replaced. As beautiful and as well designed as our God created bodies are, I have never met anyone with a perfect one.

We researched 5th wheels for two years before we purchased. We felt we purchased the best there was and have not been disappointed. If we had the money, we would purchase a new 2013 DRV with the walk in closet.

www.dalehandsome.smugmug.com
dalehandsome is offline   Reply With Quote