Thread: DRV quality?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
hitchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by George D
I have heard great things about Tiffin's quality - could there be lessons learned from them?

I also hear that Carriage has started up under a different name. Does anyone know anything about that??

Thanks to everyone who piped in - we really appreciate it.
Funny you should bring up Tiffin. We thought we might go with a Tiffin MH once we are retired. But then I read posts over this last year about how they changed the roofline and have problem after problem. Lots of rebuilds, which for working fulltimer's like us, that puts a crimp in our living arrangements.

This is typical of all mfging. Someone for some unknown reason, possibly to improve aerodynamics or fuel consumption, makes a change and whoops we have a defect.

The Carriage line was bought at auction earlier this year by Redwood (part of Thor corp). During that 2008 factory tour I mentioned earlier, we went on a Carriage tour the day before with a Cameo owner the only other person. He had gone on the DRV tour and couldn't stop raving about how much better the DRV tour was. Then his friend showed up for the DRV tour and he oooed and awwed throughout the whole thing. THAT's one of the main reason we opted to order another Suite. Up until we did, I really wanted a Royal's International to replace our Elite.

I highly recommend multiple factory tours before you make any decision.

http://www.carriageinc.com/ for info on new owners of Carriage.

Vickie
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote