Thread: Somthing new...
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
rdunk

Quote: "I'm confused! I looked at my skylight in the shower and it has a molded tapered plastic piece (much like the one around the Fantastic vents) that is screwed to the ceilimg and goes up to the inside piece of skylite. There is nothing that I can see that could peel".
.................................................. ..........
Dave, either your installation is different, or maybe it is not easy to see, if there is no peeling. On our M/S, between the lower skylight "glass" and the roof skylight "glass", there is a white strip. That white strip is not plastic, but is some type of close-out panel piece that is covered with what looks like a white vinyl material. That is what is peeling.

Dave, your observation regarding the "molded tapered plastic piece that is screwed to the ceiling" -- that is the same as is on mine. But on ours, the upper part is definitely not the same.

Since peeling has been mentioned by folks with MS serial numbers both prior to and considerably after your S/N, it would be a little unusual for Doubletree to have done yours differently. But........I suppose they might have, based on what you said you are seeing in your skylight.

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote