View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
Fulltimer not by choice

Thanks for the advice and condolences.

So far these are the items i am looking a:

First and foremost, I am looking at a secondary source of heat. I have researched up on Espar hydronic heaters. In particular M10 or a m12 unit. If anyone has any experience with this type of secondary eat source in terms of insulation, price, fuel consumption and how it worked in a 5er, any and all comments would be great. Especially in cold weather of -30-40c

Skirting is mandatory in my mind.

I am planning on building an insulated wooden box around an insulated waterline, with heat trace that run to the camper.

Heat trace on the tanks and water lines.

My windows are thermopane but I found a DIY indoor window insulation project that uses Relectix wrap, a pillow, a pillow case that matches the camper's decor and some rigid cardboard or styrofoam.

And the addition of a genset incase of power interruption. The camper has a spot for a genset. What are people preference on fuel source for generators? I will be running a propane furnace and will most likely have a pig installed. The hydronic heat source is diesel operated and I have a slip tank in my truck as well so oil would seem the logical source would be diesel or propane.

Thanks again for the help.
Fulltimer not by choice is offline   Reply With Quote