View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #3
5th_Wheeler

You can get a new F-350 DRW with the Tow Boss package which is rated at 26,000 lbs also.

I spent a ton of $$$ on modifications to my 03 6.0L F-350 only to decide that I wanted a larger/HEAVIER 5er than I had planned for when I purchased the truck.

Rather than investing in another P/U I chose to move up to a Volvo 770 HDT for about what a new loaded to the hilt F-350 DRW Lariat w/Tow Boss package would have run me.

For 45K I got a beautiful truck with a 10 speed AutoShift transmission, has a large 12 volt Norcold refer/freezer combo, new microwave, power everything, dual air ride seats, large over under bunks, a nice work station that will seat four that breaks down into the lower bunk area, built in TV antenna, 110 volt shore power outlets in the cab, enclosed hanging clothes locker, storage compartments galore, two side windows in each bunk, a skylight to watch the stars by, dedicated air and heat in the sleeper with bedside controlls. two styles of privacy curtains that give you either partial or full privacy inside the cab, oodles of 12v interior lighting, dual 125 gallon fuel tanks, aluminum rims all around including inner tandems and it even has a place for a sink with running cold water should I choose to install one.

I'll either keep my F-350 as a daily driver since it's a kick in the A$$ to drive or sell it and use the proceeds to offset the cost of my Volvo.

BTW, Nice lookin MS!
2000 Volvo VNL770 - " Bodacious " - 430/500 HP Detroit, AutoShift, Tandem Axle w/3.42 RearEndRatio & 231" Wheelbase. ---- Soon to be on the market - My really sharp looking loaded 2003 DRW CC F-350 Lariat w/417 rwhp with way to many mods to list.

https://community.webshots.com/album/379587898NVGHka
5th_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote