View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 07:56 AM   #4
DutchmenSport

Sounds like you had your share of problems going on there. Sorry to hear that.

If the shower surround is still the last item you are waiting on, why not consider going to a Lowe's Home Improvement, or a Home Depot Home Improvement and get 3 sheets of 4x8 bathroom paneling. Not the hard board stuff, but the flexible, bendable rubbery paneling, that's soft and kind of has a spongy texture to it. It attaches to the existing walls with Liquid Nails. Simply cut the holes for the plumbing faucets and stick it on. A bead of caulking in the corners, corner trim over that and done!

I used this stuff when I remodeled one of the bathrooms in our house. Actually, everything around the bathtub/shower and toilet walls are covered with this stuff. Granted, my house is not living in an earthquake zone (4 wheels moving), but these panels have held up fantastic. They are a soft vinyl or rubber, not make of wood covered with a hard plastic.

If I had the camper and this was the last item, I think this would be the approach I'd take. Now .... Lowe's and/or Home Depot???..... do they have the materials? It seems like everything (we) actually want or need is simply not available.

Good luck, but do look and consider alternatives.