View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
Cummins12V98

First thing I would do is dump the NEXEN's that WILL have a tread separation.

Now the second thing is get your front end aligned to 1/64" toe. This WILL stop the outer front tire "STEPPING".

Third is proper rotation. Leave the rears alone! Fronts separate the tires from the rims leaving the rims at their current location and move the tires side to side with the rotation staying the same. This will put the outside of the tire to the inside. This will even out the tire from outer edge wear from turning.

Now the fourth is proper air pressure. The fronts ALWAYS leave them at 80psi. the rears when you are running around unloaded 30psi is more than enough. Loaded that is a question that cannot be answers properly without knowing what your actual weight is on the four rear tires. Fully loaded go to the CAT scales or any Highway scales. Now that you know your weights you can know your proper inflation.

Lookup the load/inflation chart for your tire size and load range. Add 5psi to the rear tire pressure on the chart. If you want to dial in the fronts do the same and add 10 psi, this will get you to 80 or darn close.

If you follow my recommendations that have been proven to get the best tire wear you will be a happy Camper!

Tires in pic have 40k with lots of tread left using the methods above. My truck 2015 RAM DRW weighs 16,000# fully loaded, with nearly 1/2 the miles towing.

I run 30 unloaded rear and 67 at full RAWR 9,750#

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote