View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #5
BobandMary

Improving the ride of the RV is my primary interest but a better seat of the pants experience would be a plus. While the Morryde IS makes a BIG difference over an axle/spring suspension, I am looking for the best way to best isolate the RV from the truck and the road. Air bags for the truck are not something that I have thought about. My misconception was that they were strictly for “leveling” an overloaded, squatting tow vehicle. Thanks for the eye opener on the benefits they can provide to ride quality. More research needed!

I have noticed that quite a few DRV owners use Trailer Saver hitches. Two-piece hitches are the only ones I would consider as I have to remove the hitch periodically and the hitch gets heavier with every passing year. My concern with the air ride hitches is do you have any issue with “rebound” or “bounce” from the air bladder? While they are quite different, I had issues with air ride pin boxes in the past and I don’t want to go through that again.

If you had to choose one, air bags on the truck or an air ride hitch, which would you choose first? Which made the biggest difference?

Golf_bears, while I’m happy that I don’t have your driveway issue, it appears that you have a well thought out solution. I didn't plan ahead for a 42' RV so I have a carefully choreographed "dance" to turn it around in driveway between my house and my shop!