View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
golf_bears

Last September I purchased a new 2019 Ford F-450. I had the Trailer Saver BD5 installed in the bed. Getting a great ride, you can just see the RV floating as you travel down the road.

I had a 2008 Ford F-450 in which I had the Trailer Saver TS3 installed, was great ride also.

In the new truck I decided to go with the BD5 because of the vertical height adjustment and the fact that it comes in two pieces and makes it easier to remove if needed. With the newer trucks, the bed heights are higher therefore getting the “bed rail to RV nose” clearance can be an issue. The BD5 can be easily adjusted vertically by removing a few bolts. The TS3 needs riser bars at a cost of about $200 for the proper set.

The BD5 is rated at 28,000 lbs. and the TS3 is rated at 32,000 lbs. I have a 2017 MS 39 DBRS3 with a GVWR of 20,500 lbs. so the BD5 works out great for me.

I also installed the “In Cab” BD5 air compressor controls, comes in real handy when needing to adjust the air pressure. I have a downward sloping driveway so getting the RV down is an issue. I need to air up the hitch to clear the high point in the drive way so the RV nose doesn’t contact the truck rails. Then I need to air down the hitch so the RV rear hitch doesn’t drag on the concrete.

I also have the Air Lift air bags with the wireless control on the truck. This combo, bags + the BD5, gives me a great ride and they are both controllable from inside the truck cab.

All in all, this setup works great for me. If you need additional information, PM me and I’ll give you my phone number so we can chat further.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote