View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
wanderingwingers

Thanks for all of the support for this rookie.

I have just learned a little bit more now after getting off of the phone with DRV.

When I ordered my MS I ordered a surge protector, $325.00 option.
We had a power line go down in the park last night and had low voltage throughout the park. The only way I new it was my A/C started knocking and making noise. My neighbor stated that his surge guard shut off power to the coach. (why didn't mine due that?)

I started looking for my surge protector. I could not find it. I pulled all of my paperwork and found a sheet for a surge guard transfer box. Now I do not have a generator or generator prep, why would I need a transfer box?

I called Ryan Miller at DRV and explained my situation. He said he would call me back after he talked to the engineer's. I just got off the phone with him and he told me that DRV uses the transfer box as a surge protector since it does the same thing with the generator/shore power monitoring. The only problim with that I told him was that the transfer box will only protect from high voltage. A true surge protector will protect on both low and high voltage. I basically paid $325.00 for an option that is only doing half of what I expected it to due. I ordered a surge protector not a transfer box.

They do not install a true surge guard. I told him that it was very miss leading and that the sales people need to address it. I guess technically I was protected from surges but not protected the way I thought I was suppose to be.

Now I will be looking at buying a hardwired surge protector that protects both high and low voltage.
2010 MS 38RSSB3 #5378
2010 Ford F450
2008 Honda Goldwing Gl1800
www.wanderingwingers.blogspot.com
wanderingwingers is offline   Reply With Quote