Thread: Goodyear tires
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
delcirose

Send a message via AIM to delcirose
Good Year Tires

On a recent trip back from the Chicago area we lost the tread on two of our four Goodyear tires on our 2004 Mobile Suites CK3. It was on a Sunday just 20 miles west of Iowa city. We elected to replace all four on the trouble call and spent the night at Hunts Cedar River RV park while the tires were getting replaced the next day. Good Sams was great on the emergency service call and the Kinion Auto Service that responded to the call provided great service. When the tread separated we did not loose air in either tire but it did quite a bit of damage underneath. It tore of our sewer connection and ripped off the 120v service to the kitchen slide. Larry the owner of Cedar River aided us in making temp repairs to the sewer line so that we could dump our tanks and would take only a thanks for his help. After arriving back home I placed a claim with Goodyear, got an estimate for the damages to our Mobile Suites, placed a claim with GMAC for damaged to our unit. Goodyear contacted the Kinion auto service arranged shipment for the tires to them and to make a long story shorter they made us whole for the four tires and payed for our deductible to repair the unit. I only have good things to say about Good Year. On the other hand I am not sure about what I think on the tires. Ours were G rated type and although I would have liked to go with something else I could not find another Manufacture in our size and load rating. I would like to say again Good Year was great to us. Customer Service is still alive and well in America. :D
delcirose is offline   Reply With Quote