View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
RickandJanice

You might see if you can look through the access door in the basement and see if you can see what the issue is. On our rig, the gray water valve is not very far inside this door and I can see the gray water valve quite easily just by lifting up some of the insulation. Have never tried to lower the gas line but the screws to our valve cover are not under the line either.

As for the toilet, I replaced the flapper valve seal on ours within the first year. Dometic sent a rebuild kit at no charge because our serial number was in a group that they knew had a material issue with the seal and a defective spring on the valve. First remove the plastic pedestal cover by pulling straight forward on it. It is held in place with Velcro. You will then be able to access a plastic clamp that holds the ceramic bowl to the pedestal. By loosening the screw on the back side of this clamp, you can remove it. The bowl can then be lifted off the pedestal and you can service the valve and the seal without removing the pedestal from the floor. The seal is actually located between the bowl and the pedestal and is easy to replace by just lifting off the pedestal.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote