View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
Goose_NC

New to this forum - researching DRV for a possible purchase

Hello, New to this RV forum. My wife bought a 2008 WolfPack 295WP in May 2016. I owned a 2013 RAM 2500 diesel then. Now own a 2020 RAM 3500 dually.

This trailer is a great RV toyhauler for these RV newby's. We generally roam within 500 miles of Raleigh NC. Usually going someplace every 2-3 weeks for a long weekend. This year things are different, but we have a 3 week trip booked to Florida for November.

We attended RV shows and looked at dealers for about 5-6 years before we got serious. Wife's illness progressed to the point she sold her trike, and we now RV.

I started 'camping' on motorcycles with a ranger roll, as tents were for officers! When women started riding with me, I started the tent progression on the motorcycle. Then cargo trailer behind the motorcycle. Then a TimeOut camper behind the motorcycle. A brief stint in a converted cargo trailer (which we still use for tight places). Then we found this camper after I bought the RAM 2500.

After 4 years of RV learning/ownership, we are now looking at newer campers. We will use a toyhauler as eventually we will have a golf cart to add to the motorcycle soon.

While the RV vernacular is primitive camping, I laugh at 'primitive' camping with a mobile apartment and a generator. We do motorcycle events (on private property) and music events. Maybe 40% of the time we are in campgrounds.

We are interested in DRV - Full House, JX450 and LX450 models. And I will ask questions in the proper section.

Looking forward to the banter.
Goose_NC is offline   Reply With Quote